Sandie’s Revision Knee Replacement
Listen to our podcast episode about Sandie’s recovery from The Bee’s Knees Podcast below.
An interview with Sandie Achor
It took Sandie five full years to get this knee done. As of today, August 4, 2020 Sandie has a clean bill of health for her knee from her surgeon. A big accomplishment and a huge sigh of relief.
Revision TKA – Sandie’s Lessons for Us
In the course of our 45-minute long conversation, Sandie had some really valuable advice for anyone dealing with a Total Knee Replacement or Revision TKA.
- An X-ray is good, an MRI tells the real story
- The first weeks after surgery are crucial to your success
- Don’t give up during the first year after surgery should things not be right
- Get the right tools around you like proper icing and devices like The X10
- Surround yourselves with love and support: friends and family can cook, clean chat while you focus on your knee
- Eye of the Tiger: Be tough, even if that is not your nature. Perseverance is the key to getting better after surgery.